Health & Safety Display Screen Equipment Risk Assessors' Course
An intensive half day workshop which aims to equip asessors with practical skills needed to identify Display Screen Equipment (DSE) users and potential health effects of DSE work. Delegates will also learn to identify, quantify and effectively manage risk. Maximum of 10 delegates per course.
What are the benefits to the Organisation & the Individual?
- Decrease the number and severity of injuries resulting from use of Display Screens
- Reduce absence and long term ill health within the organisation as a whole
- Comply with legislation including the Health & Safety Work etc. Act in 1974, the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and the Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulation 1992 as amended by the Health & Safety (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2002
- Aims & Objectives of the course
Identification of Display Screen Users
- Categories of staff who are definitely Display Screen Users
- Categories of staff who are possibly Display Screen Users
- Categories of staff who are definitely not Display Screen Users
Legislation & Policies
- What law applies to you and your work?
- What policies are in place?
- Legal basis for Risk Assessment
Ergonomic factors associated with Display Screen use
Major Health Problems
- How to carry out a risk assessment
- Identification of risk factors
- Identification and implementation of control measures
Risk Assessment in Practice
- Walk through Risk Assessment Procedure
- Carry out Risk Assessment on a work station
- Open Forum