At Salveo, we have a specialist team of Manual Handling Consultants who have provided training and advice to a large number of clients in the health and social care sectors, in industry and in offices.
In general our courses offer:
- Custom designed courses for YOUR organisation’s needs
- Committed trainers with specific knowledge and experience in their subject area
- Practical based in house Training
- Good value for money
Our Training Courses
- Moving & Handling of Loads
- This half day course will train staff in the skills to safely move inanimate objects within the workplace.
- Moving & Handling of People
- This series of introductory and refresher courses are for persons responsible for the moving and handling of people in hospitals, care homes, day centres, clients’ own homes and the community.
- Moving & Handling For Therapy
- This series of introductory and refresher courses are aimed at Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Rehabilitation Assistants and Technical Instructors who move patients in a variety of rehabilitation settings including hospitals, rehabilitation centres, day centres, care homes and patients’ homes.
- Moving & Handling of People (Specialised)
- This series of specialised discipline specific courses are designed for staff who move people in unusual settings including mental health staff, district nurses, podiatrists, social workers, midwives, speech and language therapists, and dental staff.
- Moving & Handling of Children
- This series of introductory and refresher courses are for persons responsible for the moving and handling of children in hospitals, rehabilitation centres, schools, nurseries, day centres, homes and the community. There are separate courses for physiotherapy and occupational therapy staff and non therapy staff including teachers, teaching assistants other education staff.
- Moving & Handling Risk Assessment
- This series of introductory and refresher courses are aimed at persons responsible for assessing and managing manual handling and ergonomics risks from moving people and moving inanimate loads in a variety of settings including hospitals, day centres, care homes, offices, estate departments, workshops etc. There are also discipline specific courses for local authorities.
- DSE Risk Assessment
- A course aimed at persons responsible for assessing and managing ergonomic risks associated with the use of computers in offices and other work places.
- Train the Trainers
- These series of introductory and refresher courses are aimed at providing knowledge and skills to staff to enable them to provide Manual Handling training to colleagues. The introductory course includes a competency test.
- Tailor Made Courses
- If none of the above courses meet your needs, we are able to discuss your specific needs and custom design a suitable course.
- Case Studies
- A selection of case studies of our work with clients covering different stages of the training cycle, from training requirement analysis to the evaluation of the outcome of training events
We are also available to give Manual Handling Advice on such issues as policies and procedures and special guidance regarding the purchase of suitable equipment.